Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

This Blog's Purpose

The purpose of this blog is solely for me. The entries are nothing but my ramblings. I do no proofreading, no editing, no filtering. 100% honest thoughts. Will this help me lose weight? I don't know. We'll see. "They" say to keep a weight-loss journal. I've never done it in the past, and that didn't really work. So now I'm going to try it. I'm not sure who needs more luck, me, or anyone who comes across this blog and actually reads it!

WARNING!!!

This blog contains pictures that may not be suitable for some viewers.
Viewing this blog may cause side effects such as nausea and vomiting.
Do not view immediately prior to or following a meal. Unless, of course, you're trying to lose weight also, then I'm sure the pictures on this site will be a great appetite suppresant!

Monday, February 8, 2010

Monday, February 8, 2010 (Day 16)

It’s weird, but I actually feel good today.  I decided I can’t wait 4 weeks to weigh myself.  I decided once weekly is just fine and can keep me on track (either from losing too much or too little).  I weighed myself yesterday morning and was 212.  For some reason I was thinking I weighed 214 last week.  So I was pleased that I was right on track.  On track even though I had eaten that Café Rio salad that was not the healthy one I ordered.  So I was feeling good.  But, yesterday was the Super Bowl.  Yesterday was also a party for Ray and Cayden.  I prepared several game time appetizers and dinner and two kinds of cake and also cupcakes.  I decided I didn’t have to be on a diet yesterday.  I decided I’ve worked hard and I can enjoy myself on an occasion like this.  The Super Bowl and their birthdays only comes around once per year.  It took me a little bit of talking through, but I eventually agreed to let myself eat freely yesterday.  I enjoyed everything.  Way too much.  But it was so great!  I actually filled up on appetizers so by the time dinner came around I wasn’t all that hungry.  I hadn’t eaten anything all day long, and it was 4:30 when we started the appetizers.  I can’t even guess how many calories I ate yesterday!  5000?  Who knows!  I felt sort of bad.  Plus, I was so busy cooking and trying to prepare everything yesterday (plus going to church) that I was only able to walk on the treadmill for 20 minutes.  I did use the 3 pounds weights though.  Then, we got home so late and I stayed up even later, it was about midnight by the time I got in bed.  No way I was going to wake up at 5:30 and exercise and try to go to work.  So I skipped the exercise this morning.  I’m going to try to do it when I get home tonight, but Ray is off work so it most likely won’t happen.  We’ll see.  Then I got to work and when I looked at my calendar I realized that I didn’t weigh in at 214 last week, I weighed in at 216!  So really I lost 4 pounds last week!  I weighed myself this morning just to see how bad the damage was.  I am at 213.  So really I lost 3 pounds last week (taking into account what I put on yesterday).  I’m thrilled!  I obviously don’t feel deprived (because I wasn’t yesterday – hello huge piece of chocolate cake and funfetti cupcake with blue frosting and sprinkles!).  It was a little hard getting back on track this morning though.  I was close to eating several deviled eggs for breakfast instead of my Slim-Fast.  And I was so close to bringing BBQ spare ribs for lunch today, instead of my Slim-Fast.  But I didn’t.  I’m drinking my water and Slim-Fast and feeling good about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment