I think the whole “Body Mass Index” is completely stupid. I have always thought so. How can they take a number and generalize that anyone that weight/height is overweight or obese? According to their little chart, if I weigh more than 165 I am obese. Not overweight, OBESE! What? I’m currently extremely obese because my BMI is 35.1. 30 is obese (to be 30 I’ll have to weigh 165). According to the index, normal for me should be like 105. What the hell ever! Even when I’ve been my most fit, lowest weight, training for a marathon, I was at 135. That is right at the line for “overweight”. So stupid. The only time I got close to 100 was when I was anorexic in high school. I don’t know why I even looked at the chart. I was curious. Now I’m angry. So stupid!
Monday, March 22, 2010
Body Mass Index
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment