Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

This Blog's Purpose

The purpose of this blog is solely for me. The entries are nothing but my ramblings. I do no proofreading, no editing, no filtering. 100% honest thoughts. Will this help me lose weight? I don't know. We'll see. "They" say to keep a weight-loss journal. I've never done it in the past, and that didn't really work. So now I'm going to try it. I'm not sure who needs more luck, me, or anyone who comes across this blog and actually reads it!

WARNING!!!

This blog contains pictures that may not be suitable for some viewers.
Viewing this blog may cause side effects such as nausea and vomiting.
Do not view immediately prior to or following a meal. Unless, of course, you're trying to lose weight also, then I'm sure the pictures on this site will be a great appetite suppresant!

Friday, April 16, 2010

Goals

So, I was just reading older posts and revisited the goals I set at the beginning of this journey.  My daily goal was to exercise for an hour most days of the week.  Check.  Have been AWESOME with my exercising!  My monthly goal was to lose 8 pounds per month.  Check.  I’ve done that and more!  The kicker is that my semi-annual goal was to lose 50 pounds by my 31st birthday.  That’s August 6th.  I’m 12 pounds away from that goal and I have well over 3 more months to reach it!  If I continue with the rate I’ve been going, I’ll be 10 pounds from my ULTIMATE GOAL by my 31st birthday!!!  I’ve been on this journey for nearly 3 months.  I have over 3 months until my birthday.  I can TOTALLY be 135 by my birthday!!!  I shouldn’t make that my goal.  That’s losing too fast.  Let’s figure this out.  112 days before my birthday.  16 weeks.  52 pounds to lose.  That would mean I need to lose 3.5 – 4 pounds per week.  Sure, that’s what I’m doing anyway.  But, really I want to keep my goal at the “healthy” rate of 1-2 pounds per week.  In all honesty I’d be upset if I only lost 1 pound per week.  Even 2 pounds gets me a little down.  But that’s what they say you should lose for as a healthy rate.  Any more can hurt your body or something, and there’s more risk of putting the weight back on.  Well, I’m not putting it back on.  And I’m eating enough – it’s not like I’m going anorexic this time.  But I still hate to set that goal and then feel really disappointed if I don’t make it – when in reality, if I lose 2 pounds per week I’ll still be down 32 pounds more, so a total of 70 pounds!  That will put me at 155.  I’LL TAKE IT!!!  I’m not going to make anything my goal for now.  I’m just going to keep on keepin’ on and let my body do what it’s going to do.  I have been very successful in not hitting a plateau.  I’ve tried to vary my food and my exercise.  I amp up my exercise a couple times each week.  I let myself eat freely once a week.  I must be doing something right, because 40 pounds and 3 months in, I should have hit a plateau.  I’m not complaining.  Let’s hope I keep it up!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment