Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

This Blog's Purpose

The purpose of this blog is solely for me. The entries are nothing but my ramblings. I do no proofreading, no editing, no filtering. 100% honest thoughts. Will this help me lose weight? I don't know. We'll see. "They" say to keep a weight-loss journal. I've never done it in the past, and that didn't really work. So now I'm going to try it. I'm not sure who needs more luck, me, or anyone who comes across this blog and actually reads it!

WARNING!!!

This blog contains pictures that may not be suitable for some viewers.
Viewing this blog may cause side effects such as nausea and vomiting.
Do not view immediately prior to or following a meal. Unless, of course, you're trying to lose weight also, then I'm sure the pictures on this site will be a great appetite suppresant!

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Medication

I’m currently taking 3 medications, and have been for a few years.  First is birth control.  Fine with that.  Second is the anti-depressant Celexa.  I’ve been on 40 mg for years.  Third is a diabetes medication, Metformin.  I was planning to stop taking Metformin because I can pretty much guarantee with my diet and exercising (not to mention the weightloss) that my blood sugar and insulin levels are perfect.  But I forgot and had it refilled this last weekend.  So I guess I’ll take it another month.  I’ve been wanting to get off the Celexa for a while.  I’ve tried a couple times, but I couldn’t do it.  I think I’m at a place now that I can.  I’ve been on it and gone off before (when Cayden was a baby).  I know what I’m doing.  I know what to watch for.  I’m careful.  So the last couple days I’ve been cutting my Celexa and just taking half – 20 mg.  Heck, even if I just take 20 mg per day that would make me happy.  But my goal is to be completely off.  Why take medication if you don’t have to.  Right?  Granted, if I start cutting myself again, well, then medication isn’t all that bad in comparison.  So far so good (mentality wise).  But I feel sort of sick at my stomach all the time (really slightly).  A little agitated.  I know there is major withdrawal from anti-depressants, that’s why I’m doing half.  From here I’ll start taking half every other day.  And then finally stop altogether.  I’ll keep you informed as to how that goes.  I’m going to be taking half for about 2 weeks though.  You gotta taper really slowly with this stuff.  Then I’ll just be on birth control.  Wahoo!  That will be so awesome.  Oh, and vitamins.  J

No comments:

Post a Comment